Poached Egg Toast with Avocado & Sesame Seeds
- 1 large ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and mashed
- 1 tsp. freshly squeezed orange juice
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 slices gluten-free bread, toasted
- 1 tsp. finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. white vinegar
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup GO Veggie! Lactose Free Mozzarella and Cheddar Shreds
- 2 Tbsp. GO Veggie! lactose-free parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp. sesame seeds
- Pinch fresh orange zest, optional
In a large bowl, combine avocado, orange juice, sea salt and pepper; mash with a fork but keep chunky. Divide mixture among two slices of toast and spread with a knife. Add parsley and drizzle with olive oil.
In a large skillet, boil 1 cup of water over medium heat. Add vinegar; crack one egg into a small bowl then gently pour into water. Repeat for remaining egg. Poach eggs until yolks are runny but whites are firm, about 3 minutes. Remove eggs with a slotted spoon and drain excess water. Place 1 egg on each piece of toast and immediately add shredded cheese. Season with more sea salt and pepper and parmesan. Garnish with sesame seeds and orange zest, if desired. Serve warm.
Created by: Amie Valpone HHC, AADP is the Editor-in-Chief of www.theHealthyApple.com, GO Veggie! chef ambassador, a Manhattan based Personal Chef, Culinary Nutritionist, Professional Recipe Developer, Food Photographer and Writer specializing in simple gluten-free and dairy-free ‘Clean’ recipes for the home cook. ©Amie Valpone 2014