Pasta with Kale Pesto, Roasted Tomatoes, and Zucchini
Nutritional information: 350 calories, 21 g fat, 2.8 g sat fat, 30 g carb, 1 g fiber, 8 g protein
- ½ pound of whole wheat or Gluten Free pasta
- 1 cup olive oil, divided
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 1 1/2 medium zucchini, quartered lengthwise and sliced ½ inch thick
- 4 cloves of garlic, sliced
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves, packed
- 1 cup chopped, raw kale
- 1 teaspoon of lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ¼ cup GO Veggie! Dairy Free Grated Parmesan Topping
- Salt and pepper to taste
Cook pasta per package instructions.
Pre-heat oven to 400.
Combine 2 tablespoons of olive oil, grape tomatoes, zucchini and garlic in a single layer in an oven safe dish.
Season with salt and pepper. Bake for 20 minutes until tender.
In a food processor, combine remaining olive oil with walnuts, garlic, basil, kale, lemon zest, lemon juice and parmesan.
Puree until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
Add cooked vegetables and 1 cup of pesto to the cooked pasta. Serve.