Oatmeal Golden Raisin Muffins with Cream Cheese Glaze
"GO Veggie! Dairy Free Classic Plain Cream Cheese serves double duty in this recipe; I used it inside the muffin batter to help keep them moist, and it also makes a gorgeous glaze for drizzling on top."
Servings: 1 Dozen muffins
2 tablespoons ground flaxseed (use golden flaxseed if available)
1/4 cup (60 ml) warm water
1/3 cup (80 ml) light olive oil
1/3 cup (80 ml) plain, unsweetened almond milk
1/2 cup (120 g) GO Veggie! Dairy Free Classic Plain Cream Cheese
3/4 cup (150 g) sugar (or coconut sugar)
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups (190 g) whole wheat pastry flour (or all-purpose flour)
1 1/4 cups (100 g) old-fashioned rolled oats (not instant)
1 tablespoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground mahlab
1/2 cup (70 g) golden raisins (sultanas), chopped with an oiled knife
1/2 cup (60 g) powdered sugar
2 tablespoons GO Veggie! Dairy Free Classic Plain Cream Cheese
1 teaspoon plain, unsweetened almond milk
1 pinch salt
1 pinch ground mahlab
- Preheat the oven to 400F; line a muffin tray with paper liners.
- Whisk together the ground flaxseed and warm water in a large bowl and let it sit until thickened, about 5 minutes. Beat in the oil, milk, cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla. Use a wooden spoon to stir in the flour, oats, baking powder, salt, and mahlab until combined, being careful not to over-mix. Fold in the raisins.
- Spoon the batter into the lined muffin tray and bake until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean or with just a couple crumbs, about 20 minutes.
- Cool completely on a wire rack before glazing.
- Once the muffins are cool, whisk together all ingredients for the glaze. Drizzle the glaze on top and let it set before serving.
Recipe by An Edible Mosaic