Mexican Style Vegan Pizza
- 1 pre-made pizza crust or flatbread
- 1 (15.5 oz) can organic black beans
- ½ cup tightly packed fresh cilantro
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1.2 tsp chili powder
- ¼ tsp salt or to taste
- 1⅓ cups GO Veggie! Dairy Free Mexican Style Shreds
- 1 cup diced fresh tomatoes
- ½ cup frozen organic corn kernels
- 1 jalapeño pepper, sliced (optional)
- 1 Hass avocado, diced small with a pinch of salt and the juice half a lime
- Chopped cilantro for garnish (optional)
Preheat oven to 400F. Drizzle about a teaspoon of olive oil on the pizza crust and bake for 6-8 minutes. Set aside to cool slightly.
In the meantime, prepare the bean layer. Combine beans, cilantro, olive oil, chili powder and salt in the food processor. Pulse until creamy.
Spread bean mixture on the pizza crust. Top with cheese, diced tomatoes, corn and sliced jalapeños and bake at 400F for about 8 minutes.
Top with diced avocado and chopped cilantro.
Recipe by Ruth Sakal & Vicky Cohen, May I Have That Recipe