Holiday Breakfast Pizza with Fresh Berries
Servings: Yields 8
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry (I used Pepperidge Farm brand)
- 1 (8-ounce) container GO Veggie! Dairy Free, Vegan Strawberry Cream Cheese Alternative
- 1 (6-ounce) container fresh raspberries
- 1 (6-ounce) container fresh blueberries
- 2 (6-ounce) containers fresh blackberries
- 1 (8-ounce container fresh strawberries
- ½ teaspoon vanilla bean paste (I used Heilala brand)
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- 2 teaspoons sugar (or equivalent other sweetener of your choice)
- Garnish: powdered sugar (optional)
Thaw 1 sheet of puff pastry, per package directions, and cut in half lengthwise
With the tip of a sharp knife, gently score the top of each puff pastry diagonally in several spots. If you don’t do this, the pastry will puff up like a football
Bake per package directions. Remove pastries from oven, slide onto a wire rack and cool completely.
While they are cooling, assemble the “glue.” Scrape GO Veggie! Dairy Free, Vegan Strawberry Cream Cheese Alternative into a mixing bowl, add 6 raspberries and 3 strawberries that have been mashed with a fork, vanilla paste, almond extract and sugar. Stir to mix well.
When crust is cool, place it on your serving platter, and slather on some of the flavored spread. A small offset spatula is helpful to spread it to the edges.
Carefully seat berries in the strawberry spread, arranging in any pattern you like. There will be enough berries so you can make a fanciful pattern if you like. Repeat spread and decoration with the other crust.
Dust with powdered sugar if you like.