Grilled Stuffed Mushrooms
Wild mushrooms are a super rich food for veggies and this recipe is especially great for mushrooms lovers! This can be eaten as a starter, brunch or simple dinner when served over sauteed or with a salad!!
Servings: 2 - 4
- Flat Mushroom (Portabella) – 4 Large
- Garlic – 1 clove diced
- Olive butter/oil – 4 tsps.
- Salt & pepper powder – as needed
- Ingredients for Stuffing & Topping:
- Potatoes - 4 medium (cooked and coarsely mashed)
- Garlic -2 cloves diced
- Red chilli flakes – 2 tsps.
- Turmeric – ½ tsp.
- Sunflower/Olive oil – 1 tbs.
- GO Veggie! Dairy Free Mozzarella Style Shreds – 6 tbs.
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
Remove stems and clean the mushrooms. If you wash with water, wipe and dry with the kitchen towels. (Just wiping mushrooms with the damp kitchen cloth would be enough).
On a baking tray, lay the mushrooms and sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic pieces. Top each mushroom with a teaspoon of oil or a slice of butter.
Bake them under the grilled mode for about 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, prepare the potato filling by heating oil in a pan and sauté garlic, turmeric and red chilli flakes for a minute.
Add coarsely mashed potato, lower the flame and mix well with the spices. Cook for about two minutes and set aside.
Take mushrooms out of the oven, stuff with potato filling and top with cheese. Bake for further 5 to 6 minutes or until the cheese topping becomes melted and brown.
Serve hot with slices of tomatoes or with fresh salads.