Fluffy Jalapeño and Cream Cheese Empanadas (Vegan)
Servings: about 12 empanadas
- ¼ cup sliced jalapeños from a jar, diced
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon finely ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon agave or brown rice syrup
- ¾ cup GO Veggie! Dairy Free Classic Plain or Chive & Garlic Cream Cheese
- 2 sheets non-hydrogenated puff pastry, thawed (Aussie brand)
Pre-heat oven to 425°F.
For filling, add jalapeños, garlic, sea salt, pepper, oregano, red wine vinegar, agave or brown rice syrup, and GO Veggie! Dairy Free Cream Cheese into a mixing bowl. Mix until uniform.
Line a baking sheet with parchment or a silpat. Set aside.
Cut out 3-inch circular shapes from puff pastry with a biscuit cutter.
Place about 2 teaspoons filling in each round and fold into a half circle shape over filling.
Press to seal with a fork around the edges, and poke top with fork prongs to allow steam to escape.
Repeat until all dough is used. Extra cream cheese filling can be used for dipping.
Place empanadas on a baking sheet. Bake for about 20-22 minutes, or until golden.