- 1 box Mary’s Gone Crackers Gluten Free Double Chocolate Love Cookies
- 1 Tbsp. Earth Balance non-hydrogenated spread, melted
- 1 tsp. Wholesome Sweeteners Organic Blue Agave
- 3-1/2 pkg. GO Veggie! Dairy Free Classic Plain Cream Cheese Alternative
- 1-3/4 cup Wholesome Sweeteners Fair Trade Organic Granulated Sugar
- 2 Tbsp. liquid lecithin
- 1-1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 3/4 cup Jules Gluten Free All-Purpose Flour
- 1-1/2 Tbsp. egg-replacer dissolved in ½ cup water
- 1 tsp. lemon extract
- Blueberries in light syrup
Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Then, process cookies in the bowl of a food processor. Pour in melted spread and agave and pulse briefly to combine. Spray bottom of 8 or 9” round cake pan (not springform) with vegetable oil. Place a piece of parchment paper, cut to size, on top. Add crumbs and press down using the bottom of a drinking glass. Bake 5 minutes. Let cool.
Combine cream cheese alternative and sugar in a large mixing bowl and beat until creamy. Add remaining ingredients, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Pour mixture onto baked and cooled cookie crust. Place a baking pan, larger than the cheesecake pan, in the oven.
Place cheesecake pan in larger pan. Add hot water to large pan, about ½ way up the sides of the cheesecake pan to create a water bath for the cheesecake. Bake for 1 to 1-1/2 hours until the cheesecake is firm in the center.
Remove cheesecake pan from water bath and place on cooling rack. When cooled, transfer cheesecake pan to the refrigerator. Refrigerate at least 10 hours.
To unmold: Using a sharp knife, go around the edges of the cheesecake to loosen it. Cover the pan with a large plate and turn the cheesecake upside down. Peel off the parchment liner. Place a serving plate over the bottom of the cheesecake and flip it over so that the cake is sitting upright. Top with dark blueberries in a light syrup and serve.
©2011, Mimi Clark, Veggie Gourmet