Baked Mac and Cheese with Spinach and Tomatoes
- 1 pound of whole wheat or GF pasta
- 1 cup GO Veggie! Dairy Free Classic Plain Cream Cheese
- 8 ounces rice milk
- 1 cup GO Veggie! Lactose Free Cheddar Shreds
- 1/4 cup GO Veggie! Lactose Free Grated Parmesan Topping, divided
- 2 cup baby spinach
- 1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cup whole wheat panko or gluten free breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
Preheat oven to 375°.
Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and set aside.
In a food processor; combine cream cheese, milk, cheddar cheese, ¼ cup parmesan and spinach.
Puree until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
Add the cheese mixture to pasta, and stir well.
Spoon mixture into an 11 x 7-inch glass or ceramic baking dish coated with cooking spray.
Combine remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan, panko, and parsley in a small bowl.
Sprinkle evenly over pasta mixture. Bake at 375° for 10-15 minutes.
Created by: Katie Cavuto, MS, RD, GO Veggie! Ambassador, Registered Dietitian, Culinary Nutritionist, Writer, Spokesperson, Media Personality
www.healthybitesdelivery.com, ©Copyright 2014