Classic Vegan Bacon Breakfast Sandwich
Servings: 1 sandwich
- 1 organic whole grain English muffin
- ½ container extra firm tofu, pressed and drained (12 oz)
- 1 tsp. nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- 1/8 tsp. finely ground black pepper
- 3 slices vegan tempeh bacon
- 2 tbsp. GO Veggie! Dairy Free Mexican Style Shreds
- 2 tsp. GO Veggie! Dairy Free Cream Cheese, Chive & Garlic
Heat Hamilton Beach breakfast sandwich maker according to directions.
Top bottom half of English muffin, with GO Veggie! Mexican style shreds and tempeh bacon. Place in bottom portion of sandwich maker.
Using a cookie cutter, cut a 3 inch circle of tofu (about ½ inch thick) from block.
Place tofu on a small plate and rub both sides of tofu with nutritional yeast, lemon juice, sea salt and pepper.
Transfer to top portion of sandwich maker.
Close entire sandwich maker to cook tofu through and melt cheese.
Spread top of English muffin with GO Veggie Garlic and Chive Cream Cheese.
Add top of English muffin to top of tofu and close sandwich maker.
Slide middle plate out and press assembled sandwich to cook through and melt cheese further, about 1 minute.
Open sandwich maker and remove breakfast sandwich. Serve warm.