- 1 large vine ripened or heirloom tomato
- ½ teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- Dash sea salt
- Dasy finely ground black pepper
- 10-12 leaves fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1-2 teaspoons neutral tasting oil, for cooking
- ½ cup GO Veggie! Dairy Free Mozzarella Style Shreds
- 4 large slices sourdough or gluten free bread
Slice tomato ¼ inch thick rounds. Place on a plate and drizzle with balsamic vinegar and dash sea salt and pepper. Set aside.
In a blender or small food processor, add basil, lemon juice and olive oil.
Blend until pretty smooth, about 5-10 seconds.
Heat a flat pan or griddle over medium heat and add neutral tasting oil.
Add all 4 slices of bread to pan. Drizzle each piece bread with 2 teaspoons basil oil.
Sprinkle ¼ cup GO Veggie! Dairy Free Mozzarella Style Shreds and 2 slices of tomato on 2 slices of bread.
Enclose with remaining bread and grill for 3 minutes.
Flip over and continue to cook for 2 minutes or until golden and cheese is melted.